Thursday, February 13, 2020

Christ's Inheritance in His Saints...part 2




Image result for song of solomon


Christ’s Inheritance in His Saints
part 2
Eph. 1:15-23
15. Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16. Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17.  That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19.  And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23. Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Ephesians 1:18: The  eyes of your understanding being enlightened;” that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of “his inheritance in the saints,” Scripture Reading  Ephesians 1:15-23.
Part 2:
“what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,”

Much has been made regarding the saint’s inheritance in Christ, of being a child of the King, a joint-heir with Jesus, and having access to the treasure house. All of that is true and right and should be rejoiced over!
 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together (Roman 8:17).
If we are a child of God we have a mansion over in the glory land (Jn 14:2) there are great things in store, but this verse does not refer to our inheritance particularly, but to Christ’s inheritance in ‘His saints.’
This is what James is referring to in the last chapter, “Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain” (James 5:7).
It will take the Holy Ghost and the Word in perfect timing to bring about the full fruit and harvest in us. Let us consider another passage to illustrate what Paul is driving at in Ephesians chapter 1:15-23:

Song of Songs 2:16
My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.
Inheritance can be defined as the purpose, completeness, meaning, fellowship.
“He feedeth among the lilies”- Christ feeds and pours his Spirit out in purity (on those who are pure and those who truly repent) (Prov 1:23). Wickedness dries up a land and produces famine (Please read. Psa 107:33-36, Ezk. 37:1-14).

“My beloved is mine, and I am his” (SOS 2:14a)- mine- belonging, possession

Paul tells us that all things are ours, but let us also remember the branch does not possess the root, but the root is that which feeds the branch.

Notice the focus of the singer, it is on her needs, “Christ is mine, and I am his….”

He is my possession and I am his. Her paradigm (viewpoint) will change, but this is the beginning of her relationship. If we are familiar with this song she has become so filled with the newness of marriage and fellowship that she loves to sit at his table, she loves his word, they are apples of Gold in pictures of silver. She loves spending her days and nights meditating upon him.
Remember the song my children are all around my table? No one wants to go into my field!
Let us look at Chapter 2 where our bridegroom comes skipping on the mountains and leaping on the hills and he calls her to go with him into the mountains and hills to serve with him (Isa 54:7).
She refuses in the Song to go! Why you might say? Because of fear, failure, and unpreparedness. She is timid, and ashamed that she has not kept her own garden the way she hoped and feels like a failure (Song 2:15).  She chooses the mountains of Bether meaning “division or separation” then to go with her beloved.
Here we need to be reminded that not only is Christ our possession, but we are his!

1 Cor 3:16-17:
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1 Cor 6:19-20:
 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

As a result of fear she suffers in chapter 3. He wanted her to go with him to the mountains, the high places of Jacob, but she chose the valley and separation, How dark our valleys are sometimes! Because of fear and disobedience:
Song of Songs 3:1-5
By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth? It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me. I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please.

In Chapter 3:1-2 she cannot find her beloved in prayer by her bed in her morning and evening prayers as she once did. She finally arises to his call, but still cannot find him, she seeks instruction from the watchmen (or the ministry) and they direct her to him, but she must take the next steps (in obedience) to find him who her soul loves.

In Chapter 4-5 something changes in her focus and perspective. She begins to learn to serve and not be served. By chapter 6 we see her motives transformed:
SOS 6:2-3
 My beloved is gone down into his garden, to the beds of spices, to feed in the gardens, and to gather lilies.
 I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies.

Here we see a transformation in her priorities to serve him. She does not put herself first, but rather his desires are first in her life.

As her ministry with him continues we see next in chapter seven that she barely even mentions herself.

SOS 7:10
I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.

These verses should remind the believer of the greatest prophet according to Jesus.
John 3:29-30
29. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
30. He must increase, but I must decrease.
Here in these passages we see total abandonment of herself, knowing and trusting that his desires are toward her, and he will meet every need according to his riches and glory.

Here she is trusting, abiding, serving, loving, acting, and doing: It is here we will see God’s provision.
God Will Provide: Jehovah Jireh 
Abraham fully surrendered as he offers up Isaac on that burning altar of wood.
God Will provide himself a lamb…!
In Full Surrender WE FIND FULL PROVISION!

The sacrifice of Abraham and Isaac  ON MOUNT MORIAH is a picture of selflessness and Perfection!

We See the Father and Son…For God SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON!



If you have never accepted or if you have fallen away from Jesus Christ here are three steps you need to take to be saved:

Image result for abc's of salvation

You must admit you are a sinner, confess your sin to Jesus, repent (turn from all you know is wrong), ask Jesus to come in your heart, and begin to follow Jesus by reading and obeying his word and go to a Bible believing church that teaches his word. And tell someone what Christ Jesus Has Done For You (Rev 12:10)  
May God through Christ bless you!

If you enjoyed this blogpost and believe some else can be helped and may be blessed pass it along:


If you have a prayer request or have questions that need clarification please contact me at: neverstoppraying8@gmail.com 

2 comments:

  1. If You Are Not Familiar With Song of Solomon which is a Love Letter to The Church then I would encourage you to sit down and read it. The BIBLE says of all the songs written THIS IS THE SONG OF SONGS...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While Pastoring in North Carolina I had a young convert who when I was teaching on Song of Solomon say the Lord told her that her life was to be a love Song to Jesus, that is SOS!

    ReplyDelete