Saturday, June 1, 2019

Testimony: Short



Image result for testimony time
Rev 12:11a "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony"

My Testimony

I was raised in Catholic church and exposed to Mormonism as well, but by the age of eighteen I had become atheist or so I thought, I almost died experimenting with mushrooms and went into cardiac arrest. At that moment while dying, my body began to separate from my spirit I cried out and asked if there was a God to help me. I saw a bright light, whiter than the sun and it came into my room and something touched me and the pain subsided and a voice began to speak to me that I needed to go to church and get a bible. Unfortunately, I was stubborn and continued to use drugs, drink, smoke, and sin after going to the priest and confessing all my sins. A few months passed and watching a film about Jesus of Nazereth and I became aware of how good Jesus was and how terrible of a death he suffered for no apparent reason, "I cried out why would someone so good have to die such an awful death" and the Holy Ghost spoke to me and said, "the reason Jesus died was for your sins," I immediately fell on my knees and wept over my sinfulness and asked him to forgive me and change my heart,  God spoke to me by his Spirit and said, "I welcome you with open arms" and suddenly I saw a vision of Jesus in the corner of my room with his hands outstretched and with pierced hands and feet, I was raptured away in God's love and Spirit and knew my sins were forgiven. The next day some of my friends asked me what I was on (drugs) and I told them I have been reborn, though at the time I had never heard the term being born again. God quickly led me out of the Catholic church and I was sanctified and baptized in the Holy Ghost and called to preach the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. I have been fortunate to serve almost 20 years as a pastor, and asst. pastor for a few years, also as a youth director, missionary to Canada and fervently desire to love and serve the Lord Jesus with my whole heart all of my days.  

If you have never accepted Jesus Christ here are three steps you need to take to be saved:

Image result for abc's of salvation

You must admit you are a sinner, confess your sin to Jesus, repent (turn from all you know is wrong), ask Jesus to come in your heart, and begin to follow Jesus by reading and obeying his word and go to a bible believing church that teaches his word. May God through Christ bless you!

If you enjoyed this blogpost and believe some else can be helped and may be blessed pass it along:

If you have a prayer request or have questions that need clarification please contact me at: neverstoppraying8@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment